T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lake Cabin Fun...

We had to leave our home while the floors were being re-done. We loaded up the kids, drove 2 1/2 hours to the family lake cabin, and had fun. 

The first night and day were a bit rough. There are spiral stairs that have always made me totally paranoid. Especially since little ones can fit right through the railings to the stairs and in the loft. We put up a gate but BB is an adept climber and broke through several times. It was not until she fell down 4 stairs and got stuck between the railing that she realized it was unsafe and she stopped trying. We caught up on our rest and the remainder of the vacation was glorious.

There was lots of beach play time every day. The lake water was warn and fairly shallow so the kids enjoyed jumping off the dock and swimming out until they could no longer reach bottom. The dock gave little BB some slivers in her feet but she proudly showed off her bandages after I had to do minor surgery to remove them.

We ate a lot of unhealthy foods. It's vacation - I did not prevent kids from snacking on Cheetos. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. T was our best roaster but he would not partake in s'mores. I picked him up a bag of gummie bears and he ate nearly the entire bag (600 calories worth) minus a few he tossed into the fire to see what would happen. He already experimented on what happens when they are placed in water for several days.

BB discovered she loves Cookie Monster as much as her mama did at the same age. She only recently started having a bit of screen time in the form of classic Sesame Street.

Anya the dog went, too, and she had a grand time running up and down the beach just being a dog and getting dirty. (She usually quite prissy so rarely gets dirty.)

I got about 15 minutes total time to myself for relaxing which is 15 minutes more than Hubby got. I managed to crochet less than a row on my afghan that I am trying to finish. We did nap when BB napped and that helped.

The car ride fluctuated between good and bad depending on how our resident toddler was doing. Car travel is not her thing - she is just like her mama in regards to that.

I think it was one of the best trips to the cabin ever. I've never utilized everything it has to offer in one trip. The kids had a blast and are asking to go back already. Celebrating our Christmas in July tradition there may have also made it extra special.





























3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Wow, that looks like a beautiful place to vacation, and your kiddos are just RADIATING happiness. Vacations are a loooot of work, but what great memories you made!! Nice to catch up with you via blog!

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous place to visit and hang out - I'm sure you made some great memories. Nice to see your posts pop up in my feeder. Your kids have grown so!

Julie Kieras said...

I LOVE this post and all the fun you have had this summer!
You know we have been campers for the past 8 years but now that my back is really acting up on our camping trips, I think "cabining" is where I want to go next! :) This looks like an amazing spot and vacation time!