T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Highlights...

From the past few weeks...

We've had a lot going on in May with celebrations, end of school events, dance recitals, and graduations. Here are a few photos from each. The kids' blogs have more extensive details on them.

S had her third dance recital. She was adorable and did great. She prefers gymnastics but I insist she keep up on dance to supplement her gymnastics which is helping. She points her toes better than any one else on her team. (And she is on the competitive team now which she loves.)

S also graduated from kindergarten. I cannot believe that! I remember how we were all so looking forward to her being in kindergarten with her best friend. Now she's all done. I was sad and teary eyed but the ceremony was just perfect thanks for her amazing teacher.

T has been enjoying the last couple weeks of school doing Apple Valley. They were being taught as if they were in a one room classroom during the mid-1800s. They were awarded points each day for dressing and acting the part. He really got into it with his creative learning style. In the end those points were turned in for prizes. He also had his class program where he once again had a speaking part but not nearly as large as last year's.

T also tested for his blue belt in taekwondo. It's been six months of preparation. So proud of his hard work. It took two full sessions to complete his form, sparring, board break, and three steps to progress. He was fortunate to have his two favorite teachers in attendance observing, too.

We had our school carnival which was awesome and earned the PTO about $8000 for next year. The kids had a blast. I was also elected to the PTO board this year. I'm VP of art. It's an easy job but there are executive voting privileges which I think is a perfect start for me, especially since most of the responsibilities are earlier in the year before baby comes.

On Mother's Day my own kids showered me with lovely homemade gifts, a lovely necklace, and then my own mother came over to celebrate the remainder of the day. Super special to have her with us, too.

We all attended my nephew's high school graduation. We were the loudest cheering section by far and since he was the last name called we just kept on cheering with our bull horns and everything. So proud of him! We also celebrated his 18th birthday the same day. My husband and I were both together at his first birthday party. Amazing how time flies! And look how BIG he is!

Lastly, a profile photo at 20 weeks. Half way there. Feeling pretty good - I still have my rough days. I've also had a chronic cold for about the past 2-3 months. I had one week of no symptoms and then they all came back. That is frustrating. Still, I know it could always be worse and I know how fortunate I am to be pregnant with a healthy baby boy. We go next week for an ultrasound. I postponed it so the kids would be out of school and could also enjoy the moment seeing their newest sibling. He's really moving around a lot. Still not as much action as previous babies but those are still reassuring taps and kicks knowing he is alive in there.

S's third dance recital.
S's Kindergarten graduation 
T and Apple Valley attire
T's Class Program
T's blue belt test
School carnival (two photos - S looks forward to the face paint every year)
Mother's Day
Nephew Dede's high school graduation
20 week profile photo and little BB giving her brother some taps












No comments: